Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Natural soap colouring




Ok so this shot is the last few batches I have been working on.
The far left is the honey oat.  It's a nice creamy brown from adding the milk and honey.  It smells nice on its own without fragrance.

The next from left to right is the choc-chip.  It just has cocoa powder and fragrant oil added, as explained in a previous post.  

The yellow batch is lemon myrtle, which I added a small amount of ground turmeric to.  It didn't need much to change the colour significantly.  Turmeric is also supposed to have healing properties when used in skin products.  (if only I could find that link easily... sigh)

I also added poppy seeds as an exfoliate.  It also suits the fragrance and is much like a lemon/poppy seed cake :D

The last pieces are just the bits I used as the dark chunks in the choc-chip.  Strongly coloured by the cocoa-powder.






2 comments:

nil said...

Looks more like a bakery LOL yum

dl said...

heh I know :)
I'm a sicko.